The event industry, like so many other industries, has been hit hard by COVID-19. Most face-to-face meetings have moved online, events have been postponed or canceled, but looking to the positive side the professionals of the industry are doing something about it. In response to COVID-19, more and more meeting venues are working with developing contingency plans and turned their spaces into temporary care facilities. Our industry is used to dealing with the constant rebuilding of the venues from one exhibition to another, in a short time. So instead of getting ready for the next exhibition, these big halls are now being turned into temporary hospitals with the valuable extra needed capacity to care for the increasing number of patients in need of treatment.
What about the Philippines?
Initiatives have been taken in the Philippines. Several Arenas, Exhibition Areas, and Event Venues are already being turned into COVID-19 caring facilities:
- The Ninoy Aquino Stadium at the Rizal Memorial Sports Complex, Malate, Manila.
- Philippine International Convention Center, Pasay, Metro Manila.
- World Trade Center, Pasay, Metro Manila.
- Philippine Arena, Bocaue, Bulacan
Here are a couple of meeting venues around the world that have been converted to hospitals:
- ExCeL London, United Kingdom.
- Optics Valley Convention and Exhibition Center, Wuhan, China.
- IFEMA Convention Centre, Madrid, Spain.
- Jacob K. Javits Convention Center of New York, United States.
- McCormick Place Convention Center Chicago, United States.
- New Orleans Ernest N. Morial Convention Center, United States.
- Vancouver Convention Centre, Canada.
- Anhembi Convention Center, Brazil.
Please get involved and share other possible venues that can be used during this crisis? Let’s use our event industry to save more lives.
Like, comment and share any of your feedback to help!
#StaySafe #HelpOthers #SocialDistancing #EventOrganizers #EventVenues #EventIndustries #MSE #Manila #Philippines