The Philippines became one of the first international meeting destination in Southeast Asia when the country surprised the world by being the first to build an international convention center.
The Philippine International Convention Center (PICC) is located in the Cultural Center of the Philippines Complex in Metro Manila. PICC was inaugurated on September 5th in 1976 hosting the International Monetary Fund Meeting (IMF-World Bank Meeting) with 4,650 delegates.
The world-class and iconic building is more than a convention center due to its brutalist architecture designed by the National Artist for Architecture Leandro V. Locsin. It took two years to build, $65 million to make it a reality and consists of five building modules to translate it into 70,000 square meter of floor space.
Just to mention a couple of events held in PICC
- Concerts of international artist like Luciano Pavarotti in 1994, Il Divo 2007, Janet Jackson 2011 and the Filipino artist and singer Lea Salonga celebrate her 40th Anniversary in 2018.
- Miss Universe in 1994.
- Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) 1996 and 2015.
- DigiCon holds their events here since 2016.
- The Russian Classic Ballet with the Starts of Bolshoi Ballet in 2018.
- 37th PCHRD Anniversary International Conference on Health Research and Industry 2019.
- PhilMICE Forum 2019.
- PATA The Philippines Chapter 5th Edition Pinoy Chikka Forum 2019and many more.
With 44 years of cultural heritage, the PICC remains as the most flexible and versatile venue to host national and international conventions, meetings and events of all sorts in the Philippines.
#PICC #Philippines #MICE #Events #ConventionCenter #MeetSafe #Eventsmeanbusiness #MSE #MSE_event #MICEandSpecialEvents