We have seen the slow return of events around the world with a big impact. It is impressing to see people coming together through events after several months in lockdown.
The travel and gathering regulations are different in every country but it becomes clear that to make possible these massive events the implementation of health and safety protocols and guidelines are the top priority.
Here some worldwide events with exciting numbers of attendance:
- The professional boxing fight with Canelo Álvarez vs. Billy Joe Saunders on May 8 at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, United States. A new record crowd of 73,126 pax were registered for an indoor boxing event since the pandemic begin in March 2020.
- FA Cup Final on May 15 at Wembley Stadium welcomed 21,000 fans for Chelsea FC vs. Leicester match. Registering the biggest crowd in the UK since lockdown.
- 69th Miss Universe 2021 on May 16 at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Hollywood, Florida. Organizers considered a minimal audience limited to only 25 percent of the venue’s total capacity and who attended present a negative test result for coronavirus (COVID-19).
- Premier League Manchester United vs. Fulham match on May 18 at Old Trafford, up to 10,000 supporters return to the stadium.
- Eurovision Song Contest on May 22 at the Rotterdam Ahoy located in Netherlands. Largest indoor event registered since the lockdown with 3,500 live music fans in attendance. Important to mention that all attendees needed to present a negative test result for coronavirus (COVID-19).
On the other hand, the plan for recovery of the United Arab Emirates through the MICE tourism sector is working excellent for the country. Business Tourism is key element in the economic growth of every country. For instance, we have seen many big organizations and companies holding events already or planning their events for 2022 in this attractive destination.
In South Korea and China in person conferences, trade shows and events are happening with some restrictions and the health and safety protocols in place but great success.
We are confident that the events industry is coming back stronger, the market is looking ahead and preparing for when this happen, even with minimum capacities at the venues the demand for in person events is there.
#Philippines #Entertainment #Liveevents #Liveshows #Theshowmustgoon #Wewillmeetagain #Massgatherings #EventsIndustry #Events #MICE #MICEPH #MICEProfessionals #facetofaceevents #Meetsafe #MICEDestinations #MSE_event #MICEandSpecialEvents