Shangri-La Group announced this week by an Official Statement that Makati Shangri-La is closing temporarily due to the pandemic, the last day of operations is February 1st., 2021.
As many other companies in our industry, Makati Shangri-La has mitigated the financial impact with salary reduction at the management level, shorter work weeks, supporting their employees but after all the efforts the hotel make the decision to close temporary until the business conditions improve.
The luxurious hotel located in the central business area started operations on April 27, 1993. “The Shangri-La Makati was known as one of the first International five-star properties at a time where few large chains were present in the Philippines capital.”
The complex features 696 guest rooms and suites in area, the hotel was designed by Kanko Kikaku Sekkeisha, Yozo Shibata & Association & G. Formoso & Partners.
To mention a few of its worldwide recognition for the exceptional hospitality:
- Best Business Hotel in Manila, Business Traveller (Asia Pacific), 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009.
- One of the 500 Best Hotels in the World, Travel + Leisure “T+L 500” (USA), 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010.
- Best Business Hotel in Manila, Finance Asia Business Travel Poll, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012.
- Top 5 Luxury Hotels in the Philippines, TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice, 2014, 2013.
- Top 25 Hotels for Service in the Philippines, Trip Advisor Travellers’ Choice, 2015, 2014, 2013.
- Best Eco Initiative for a Hotel, Asiarooms.com, 2013.
Makati Shangri-La hotel is one of the most important hotels in the Philippines built on warm hospitality, great amenities and extraordinary staff, employees and colleagues.
#Philippines #MeetingsandEvents #Hospitality #MICEProfessionals #MICEPH #MeetingsandEventsmeanbusiness #MSE_event #MICEandSpecialEvents