The Department of Tourism Philippines in partnership with Guide To The Philippines (GTTP) and Asian Institute of Management (AIM) published the summary and analysis of the “The Philippine Travel Survey Report: Insights on Filipino Travelers’ Sentiments on the New Normal”, the report focus to help Tourism enterprises and stakeholders understand the domestic travelers behavior in order to build strategies, adapt products and services, plan for the future and collaborate with stakeholders.
Total of 12,732 Filipino travelers and foreign residents of the Philippines answered the survey with respondents from 81 provinces.
Normally, an individual spend approximately P3,000-P6,000 for 2-3 day leisure trip, the domestic travel is in groups of 2-5 pax either with family, friends or coworkers.
Key Insights of the survey:
- Domestic leisure travel will lead Philippine Tourism recovery.
- Majority of travelers expect a reduction in income and travel budget.
- Health and safety is the primary concern of the travelers.
- Travelers prefer reduced contact activities once leisure travel restrictions are lifted.
- Travelers prefer online and digital channels for convenience and contact reduction.
- Travelers plan to travel closer to home.
Top Ten Domestic Destinations plan on visiting first once leisure travels restrictions are lifted:
- Boracay (13.70%)
- Siargao (9.21%)
- Baguio (9.21%)
- Metro Manila (8.50%)
- Cebu (7.17%)
- El Nido (6.75%)
- Coron (6.28%)
- Batangas (5.49%)
- Bohol (4.59%)
- La Union (4.20%)
Local tourism and domestic travel are fundamental for the recovery of the Philippine Travel and Tourism. Travelers have shown a preference for traveling to destinations closer to their place of residence once restrictions are lifted but health and safety are a top priority.
For more information please check here philippines.travel and guidetothephilippines.ph
#WeRecoverAsOne #Philippines #DOT #Tourism #Travel #WakeUpInThePhilippines #TravelThePhilippines #TravelBubble #RestartTourism #LeisureTravels #MSE #MSE_event